Ready, Set, Participate

Students get ready for an active year with the Club Fair.

Isabella Incerra

The club Fair gave students an opportunity to see all the available organizations and club that the school is offering this year.

The club fair was hosted on Friday, September 23rd. Club presidents and executive board members were busy prepping their boards in anticipation of this special yearly event. On Wednesday, September 21st their presentations and posters were due. 

“Making the board was so fun,” Co-President of the Fashion Club, Sarah Sagrott said. “We got to decorate and express our board with what we want our club to represent.”

Students attended the fair during lunch time. All 39 club boards were displayed in the gym where the girls gathered and joined the clubs which most interested them. 

“Becoming an active member of our school community is key to making the most of your high school experience,” Activities Director, Ms. Ana Figueras said.

Figueras was in charge of the club fair and made sure everything was set and ready for Friday. She strongly encourages all students to join as many clubs as possible. 

“Not only will doing so allow you to explore new interests and develop passions, but it will also afford you the opportunity to meet new friends across all grades and participate in fun and meaningful activities that will make this school year extra special” Figueras said. 

The clubs here at lourdes provide service wide events which help students have a better understanding of the message for each club. Each one is unique and has a different amount of activities relating to the elements in that club. 

“We will discuss new topics each month, and I’m very excited for all the events we are planning,” Respect Life Club treasurer Claudia Alessandrini said.

Respect Life Poster. Fri. Sep, 23.

All students are excited and ready to begin the new school year involved in many clubs. The clubs at Lourdes bring people together and help students understand what they’re interested in. 

“I’ve been a member of best buddies since freshman year, and I really enjoy being a part of it. I’ve grown closer with lots of girls, and I’ve come to understand the meaning of helping others.” Paloma Pastor said.