Students Awarded for Hard Work

The academic awards ceremony recognized students at the top of the class.

Emily Jimenez

The seniors who were awarded the book awards are recognized for their achievements during the last 3 years.

Students that work hard throughout the year receive recognition for their effort. On October 3, 148 students were recognized at the Academic Awards Ceremony for their achievements in last year’s classes. At the ceremony, awards were given to girls with perfect attendance and girls that got the highest grade in the class for the 2021-2022 school year. A select few students received book awards, which are prestigious awards that recognize academic excellence and strong leadership.

The girls that were top students in a certain class received awards for their hard work. They prospered in that specific subject, and their efforts were well deserving of recognition.

“Being recognized for my dedication made me feel really proud of myself,” senior Sofia Trivino said. “I’m glad my hard work paid off.”

Book awards are prestigious awards that recognize students’ achievements in leadership and in academics. They give recognition for the extraordinary effort these girls put into not only their schoolwork but also their outstanding work in using their voices to lead others. They are examples of excellence and inspire the rest of the student body to work their hardest.

Seniors smiling with their well-deserved awards. (Emily Jimenez)

“Academics have been my number one priority throughout high school, and I’m glad that my dedication has paid off,” senior Emily Jimenez. “Getting a book award is an honor that I’m so thankful for.” 

The students and the awards they won are Claudia Portocarrero – Princeton Book Award, Kathryn Ortiz – Harvard Book Award, Lucia Moglia – Brown University Book Award, Emily Jimenez – University of Rochester Bausch + Lomb Honorary Science Award, Fiorella Lara Montoya- University of Rochester’s Xerox Award for Innovation and Information Technology, Olivia Bell- University of Rochester Frederick Douglass and Susan B. Anthony Award, Jennifer Hoover – UPenn book award, Olivia Rodriguez – Tulane Book Award, Paola Garcia – University of Rochester- George Eastman Book Award, Sarah Rodriguez – Smith College Book Award, Ale Gomez-Pina – St. Anselm Book Award, Gabriella Garrido – Saint Michael’s College: Book Award for Academic Achievement and Social Conscience, Cecilia Sabathie – University of Virginia Jefferson Book Award, Gaby Paredes – Rensselaer Polytechnic University Book Award.

The girls that won book awards encourage underclassmen to begin their hard work early on. This will allow them to build good habits for studying and become strong leaders. 

“I think the best thing for freshmen to do is focus on their academics and get involved because this will set them up for success and recognition later on,” senior Olivia Rodriguez said.