Sage Dining Comes Back With A Bang For Year Two

Seniors Lucia Moglia, Sofia Santa-Cruz, Diana Rincon, Cecilia Barrientos, and Luna Lopez-Garcia in their A day lunch.

Here, Lourdes students can toast their sandwiches in one of the four panini presses.

Sage Dining has upgraded for their second year partnered with Lourdes. Last year, our school brought in a new cafeteria company, Sage Dining that offers a wide range of healthy food options. 

Our students are still fanatics for all the meals Sage Dining has to offer, even after having it for a year already. This year, the cafeteria expanded their menu to include a panini press station with pre-made paninis and a pasta bar. Now, the students and teachers have the option of choosing from the hot food, a pasta bar, a panini station, a salad bar, and a soup station. 

“I love the panini station they added this year because I can heat up my sandwiches now,” senior Diana Rincon said. 

Sage Dining has escalated the quality of the Lourdes lunch experience this year. During Welcome Week, the staff provided each grade with a sweet treat on their respective days. Also, this year we have the pleasure of having “Dessert Friday’s”, where students and staff can grab from an assortment of desserts such as cookies and brownies. 

“I like how Sage is being more considerate in making us feel happier on special holidays or school occasions by providing us with more special treats. I felt so appreciated and joyful when they provided us with sweets on our senior day,” senior Catalina Giorgio said. 

Despite the overwhelming love for Sage Dining and their healthy meals, a good amount of students complained last year that their options were too healthy. Many students missed having sweet treats to choose from like muffins, brownies, cookies and more. However, the staff at Sage does listen to the students and staff of Lourdes. This year, everyone seems to be content with the variety of foods Sage has offered and how they have catered to all of our desires. 

“I like the amount of options I have to choose from at lunch. If I want a healthy option they have many, but also they have many opportunities to get desserts when I have a sweet tooth. I love the Lourdes lunch,” freshman Isabella Meireles said.

Overall, it is safe to say that Lourdes is very content with the status of our school lunch. All students, teachers, and staff have a chance to find a lunch they like everyday, especially with the new additions to the cafeteria this year.