Celebrating the Class of 2023

The+Class+of+2023+celebrates+their+graduation+ceremony.+

The Class of 2023 celebrates their graduation ceremony.

Alexa Sabogal

The week of May 22 was an important week for the Class of 2023, as they celebrated their final graduation activities. 

The special week began with a practice for their Baccalaureate mass in Epiphany followed by the annual Senior Getty in the gym. As part of this getty, the seniors received their yearbooks and watched a video produced by OLLA TV that reminisced on their last 4 years together.

Senior Julianna Burunat receives her Blu Ray Merit award from Andy Fernandez.

“The getty was super special because it was the last time we would all be together in the school gym and celebrate how far we have come since freshman year,” senior Natalie Lopez said. 

On Tuesday, May 23, the class attended their Baccalaureate mass, where they celebrated their high school achievements and prepared for their upcoming graduation. As part of this year’s mass, all 208 girls received special bracelets, called the Blu Ray Merit award, which served as a special tribute to their classmate Lucy Fernandez and was awarded to the class for their continued strength throughout the year and for spreading Lucy’s light every day. The awards were presented to the girls by Lucy’s parents, Andy and Meli, and her younger brother, KK. 

“I was honored to recieve this award and I’m so glad I got to share this special moment with my entire class,” senior Annette Concepcion said. 

To conclude their time as Lourdes students, the girls participated in the Commencement Exercises held at the Wasch Center in the University of Miami on Thursday, May 25. Senior Katy Puig attended the graduation as well, and received an honorary diploma for her academic success over the past years. Similarly, another honorary diploma was given to the Fernandez family for their daughter’s achievements throughout her time in high school.

Seniors Camila Alvarez, Coco Aguilar, and Gabriella Paredes at their graduation ceremony.

The Class of 2023 has come a long way since their freshman year and this special week was a way for them to conclude their senior year by celebrating everything they have overcome together. While they are all going their separate ways, these 208 girls will always have each other and their OLLA community to lean on.