The Student News Site of Our Lady of Lourdes Academy

Our Lady of Lourdes Academy | 5525 SW 84th St, Miami, FL 33143

Welcome to the Good OLLA Days

We ‘re  back! Welcome old and new Bobcats. While summer might have passed in the blink of an eye, we can all agree that it was time for this bittersweet moment to arrive, because there is nothing like coming back to our cherished OLLA halls.  An exciting year awaits us.

This year will be filled with surprises as we are lucky enough to be a part of the school’s history, celebrating its 60 years of excellence. While we are the school’s living legacy, we are also paying tribute to past Lourdes girls that were once sitting in the same classrooms. What better way to honor this achievement than by centering our school theme this year around this major anniversary and traveling back to the 1960’s, The Good OLLA Days, to feel a little of the magic that some of our grandmothers were proud to experience.

To the Funky Freshman, welcome! We all know how exciting it is to start our OLLA journey. Between getting lost on the way to class and attempting to learn the names of every sister that makes up your 2027 class, we understand how scary it can all seem at first. However, don’t let the little things overwhelm you, instead remember that for every single scared freshman, there is a senior full of experiences that is ready to be your helping hand. Everyone is always very excited and maybe a little nervous  about meeting your big sister, the person that will be holding your hand as you take your first OLLA steps. Remember to relax, have fun, and enjoy your first year as a bobcat. You will never forget it.

To the Snazzy Sophomores, how does it feel to not be the newbies anymore? We have all heard the rumors, and no, you will not be forgotten this year. This is your year to relax and truly dwell in the school magic. Now is your time to make new friendships and to try all the things you didn’t get to do freshman year. This is the year where you start leaving your shell and opening yourself up to the limitless possibilities that the school has to offer. 

To the Jazzy Juniors, relax. You are halfway through. While this year may not be the  easiest, you can never forget to live your present. As upperclassmen, you now get to share many new exciting experiences with the rest of your sisters. Don’t ever forget that no matter how stressful this year can get, through it, you will grow, mature, become a much more responsible version of yourself. Be ready to take on the world.  

To the Swaggy Seniors, Congratulations! You are now the queens of the school. You have lived through the ups and downs of your high school experience and now it is coming to an end. You will be gone before you know it, so make sure you leave your mark in the school. Make sure to make as many memories this last year as possible, so that when your future daughters talk about their Lourdes experience, you can smile and remember how fun and beautiful it was to be in her place. Wear your purple crowns proudly, fill the halls with contagious laughter, and remember to lead with kindness and by example. 

Whether this is your first, second, third, or last year roaming these halls, always remember that the experiences you make this year will stay with you forever. Take every opportunity to immerse yourself in the sisterhood. Every single minute you spend in school, helps you grow more and more into the person you never thought you could become. Remember to have fun and enjoy the Good OLLA Days!