The Student News Site of Our Lady of Lourdes Academy

Our Lady of Lourdes Academy | 5525 SW 84th St, Miami, FL 33143

Instagram
View this profile on Instagram

ollanews (@ollanews) • Instagram photos and videos

Inaugurated into Excellence

Honor Society Induction Ceremony
Inductees+at+the+annual+Honor+Society+Induction+Ceremony+
Foxmar
Inductees at the annual Honor Society Induction Ceremony

On Thursday, April 18th, the school celebrates its annual Honor Society Induction Ceremony to honor the academic achievements of its students. 348 students were inducted into a plethora of different Honor Societies.

The ceremony starts with the procession of two girls at a time. Opening remarks are made by Mrs. Gloria Ramos, Vice Principal for Academics, followed by the advisors and presidents of each Honor Society leading their new members in a pledge. Then,  each girl is awarded her certificate and a flower. Closing remarks were made by Sister Carmen.

President Sister Carmen next to sophomore Alani Avila, who was inducted into the Quill and Scroll Honor Society and National Honor Society (Foxmar)

The school has 17 honor societies, ranging in subjects like mathematics to theater.

Inductees have worked hard to meet the specific criteria required of their Honor Societies.

“The purpose of the induction ceremony is to recognize the students that have excelled in a variety of academic areas. It gives us the opportunity to celebrate their academic accomplishments, as well as their dedication to leadership and service,” Ramos said.

The presidents of the honor societies take pride in the accomplishments of their classmates. Each one celebrates their unique subjects, and how they engage their students’ interests.

“Being part of the Spanish National Honor Society is always a great accomplishment and a great opportunity for girls to explore their Hispanic roots,” Spanish National Honor Society President Lucianna Picasso said.

The senior presidents of their honor societies are happy to pass the torch onto their younger members.

“I’m really excited to welcome all the new inductees into our family of Tri-M,” Tri-M President Natalia Delgado said.

Those that were inducted on Thursday all are very proud of their accomplishments and had big smiles on their faces when receiving their certificates.

“The ceremony was really nice and I really enjoyed it. It made me realize that all my hard work in school is paying off. It was also a great way to celebrate my accomplishments and my friends’ accomplishments,” French and English Honor Society Inductee Claire Rougeau said.