The Bobcats are Back

Zooming from School: Hannah Tobchi and Sofia Pereda zoom into their AP Calculus class from the school’s cafeteria on October 2, their first day back on campus. Ms. Acevedo will be teaching remotely during these times, so the girls in her class need to be able to log onto zoom from school. “It was strange to go to school just to have to log onto zoom again, but I was just happy to be back on campus with my friends,” senior Hannah Tobchi said.
(Victoria Manrique)

After months of uncertainty and isolation, the fog has begun to clear and normality doesn’t seem like a distant dream. Our school community prides itself on the strong bond that we hold. Throughout these distant times the sisterhood remained alive and continued to persevere through even the toughest of times.

With the gradual transition from virtual to hybrid learning comes a new wave of hope. Real change is taking place and this step in the right direction is proving that we are emerging even stronger and more united despite the unexpected challenges.

This year’s motto “Stronger Together” invokes the idea that whether physically together or not, our school community must remain connected by any means to not only survive but thrive. Now, the motto brings on a new meaning because we can actively be together with the hybrid plan taking place. The hope that hybrid brings is that we will be even stronger, determined, and united than ever before because not only did we survive through difficult times, we thrived.

Hopeful and fresh, students and faculty alike are ready to return to school and once again learn together, eat together, laugh together, and pray together. The school itself has made us feel at home with decorations like balloons and banners to welcome us back. More importantly, teachers and other staff members have done everything in their power to welcome us back with open arms.

Positivity will help us survive hardships, but faith will allow us to be hopeful and excited for the future. Our school is ready to see a bustling building filled with the community that truly makes it whole: each and every one of the students, teachers, administration, and parents. Now more united than ever, our strength is limitless.