The Student News Site of Our Lady of Lourdes Academy

Our Lady of Lourdes Academy | 5525 SW 84th St, Miami, FL 33143

Instagram
View this profile on Instagram

ollanews (@ollanews) • Instagram photos and videos

Varsity Volleyball Win Streak Continues

Our Bobcats went up against the Cyclones, and won 3-1.
Emma Diaz
The teams spent hours practicing before the game. This photo depicts a beautiful save by one of the team members.

On Wednesday, September sixth, our volleyball team played against the Carrollton Cyclones. The team won their fourth game with a score 3-1,losing the third set 25-21 to Carrollton. 

The Carrollton student body came in their pink out gear, but that didn’t deter the team. They may have lost that third set, but it only drove the girls to want that win that much more.

Junior Olivia Guzman had the most kills, executing 11 by the game’s conclusion.

Playing Carrollton is always a fun game because it’s a rivalry. Even though we lost a set, I feel like that pushed me and my team to play even harder. I think that showed in our stats and me finishing with 11 kills,” Guzman said.

Senior Olivia Marrero served the most points reaching a grand total of 13.

“Every single time I step on the serving line I want to impact the game positively and the support of my team, inspires me to do so,” Marrero said.

Freshman Lexie Espin held the highest blocking rate ending the night with three successful blocks. 

“I’ve worked super hard to prepare for this season, and I am so proud of my success in our last game, ” Espin said.

This was a lively game with a decent turnout. There were supporters on the court, as well as in the crowd. In this audience, there were many of the new freshmen to support the new addition to the team.

“I loved cheering with my peers, and chanting ‘let’s go bobcats’ to support our team. There were so many spirited people even in the parents’ section, and it was just a really fun experience,” freshman Camila Nuñez said.

The team continues their winning streak, and plans to keep it going all season long. These girls have cultivated their bond in amazing ways, and made sure to put all their energy into each game.