The Student News Site of Our Lady of Lourdes Academy

Our Lady of Lourdes Academy | 5525 SW 84th St, Miami, FL 33143

Instagram
View this profile on Instagram

ollanews (@ollanews) • Instagram photos and videos

Celebrating 60 Years of OLLA

Archbishop Thomas Wenski proceeds into the gym.

On February 11, the school celebrated its 60th anniversary in the way they do all things: with a mass. The day was made even more special because it was also the Feast Day of Our Lady of Lourdes. The whole school community, including alumnae and former teachers, was invited to participate in the mass that took place in the school gym.

Sister Marie being honored for all her years of serving the Lourdes community. (Foxmar)

Archbishop Thomas Wenski celebrated the mass, along with Father Alvarez and Deacon Louie. The Archbishop awarded Sister Marie with the Primum Regnum Dei Award, which is the highest honor given by the Archdiocese of Miami. This was a way to commemorate her 28 years of service.

At the conclusion of the mass, Commissioner Raquel Regalado ‘92 proclaimed February 11, 2024 Our Lady of Lourdes Academy 60th Anniversary Day on behalf of Miami-Dade County. This was a special way to honor the school and its lasting legacy.

Commissioner Raquel Regalado ‘92 proclaimed February 11, 2024 Our Lady of Lourdes Academy 60th Anniversary Day. (Foxmar)

“This mass was a perfect way to celebrate our amazing school and everything it’s done for us and our families for so many years,” senior Samantha Garciga said.