The Student News Site of Our Lady of Lourdes Academy

Our Lady of Lourdes Academy | 5525 SW 84th St, Miami, FL 33143

Instagram
View this profile on Instagram

ollanews (@ollanews) • Instagram photos and videos

Spring-ing on to the Dance Floor

FoxMar
The funky Freshmen and snazzy sophomores came together to show off their dance moves at the much-anticipated spring fling. The theme of the night was “Greek and Groovy.” (Julianna Sequera)

The Classes of ‘26 and ‘27 started the prime temps with their annual ‘Spring Fling’. Taking place at the University Of Miami, the design and decorations, all of which emulated the vibrant colors and the flourishing flowers of the season, brought to life a mystical field of unity within all the attendees. An endless array of eye-catching gowns filled the vast room, from afar, one could confuse with a field of blossoms. 

“I was so excited to go to the formal [Spring Fling] this year. The season of trying on dresses and getting ready is one of my favorites, especially getting the opportunity to do so with my classmates before I’m able to attend prom as a junior and senior,” sophomore Amanda Travieso said.

Both Freshman and Sophomore council came together to provide such a spectacular night for the Lourdes girls and the respective dates, truly ‘spring-ing’ positive vibes onto the end of the year.

“Everything was decorated, and everyone was dressed so pretty. I think I took probably two hundred pictures with everyone, including my favorite teachers. The night just reminded me, once again how special the sisterhood at OLLA truly is,” freshman Chloe Veloso said.

Once our students were all dolled up they were ready to get their groove on! Student council and faculty transformed the room into a Greek-inspired getaway. From beautiful blue backdrops and flower centerpieces, they made sure the room felt magical. (Juliana Sequera) (FoxMar)

Not only did our students enjoy themselves but so did the faculty that chaperoned. New teachers such as chemistry teacher Ms.Cheng chaperoned the dance and made sure the evening ran smoothly.

“I thought it was really amazing and sweet to be able to greet everyone. Everyone was super cute with their date too,” Cheng said.

As they danced the night away, the girls swayed to the rhythm of the music, their laughter mingling with the sweet scent of flowers adorning the venue. The bonds of friendship tightened, memories etched in the fabric of time. And as the night waned, they departed with hearts full of joy, carrying with them the promise of more magical moments yet to come in the journey of sisterhood.