The Student News Site of Our Lady of Lourdes Academy

Our Lady of Lourdes Academy | 5525 SW 84th St, Miami, FL 33143

The Journey through Junior Year

Junior year is when you become an upperclassman. No longer considered a newbie of the school. Now there are underclassmen that  look up to you. This is the year

Journey through Junior year can be difficult. (Sarah Carreno)

you start prepping for college, taking your first SATs and ACTs. A lot of pressure right? Well there are also many things to look forward to. From your first prom to ring mass, junior year is certainly eventful. 

This is the real start to college planning. Taking the  ACT’s and SATs can be stressful, this is the time to figure out which test you like best and to achieve the right scores.

I think the first thing you should do is find out if you’re an SAT or an ACT person,” senior Lauren Espinosa said. “My advice is to focus on the one you score highest on and feel most comfortable taking. Then, I recommend using practice books that you can buy online because they have many examples of the same types of problems and detailed explanations, as well as full length practice tests you can take. It was super helpful.” 

Keep your chin up though, because nothing relieves stress like hanging out with your friends and making those sisterhood moments. 

I love when it’s Prom season, it’s super fun to get together with my grade and dress up,” senior Gabriella Mallafre said. “To all the juniors I recommend attending Prom and all the other dances, you will be sure to have a very memorable night.” 

The biggest event however, is ring mass. This special mass is where the junior class gets their class ring and solidifies their place in the Olla sisterhood. 

“I loved ring mass because I believe it was a great opportunity to unite as sisters into the sisterhood of young ladies who came before us,” said senior Luciana Picasso. “If I could give the junior class one piece of advice it would be to live in the moment and be attentive to the message behind the Mass because you can take the advice given and apply it to the way you grow up in Lourdes.”