The Student News Site of Our Lady of Lourdes Academy

Our Lady of Lourdes Academy | 5525 SW 84th St, Miami, FL 33143

Instagram
View this profile on Instagram

ollanews (@ollanews) • Instagram photos and videos

Grammy’s Rewind

Grammy%E2%80%99s+Rewind
Emma Diaz

The 66th Annual Grammy Awards on Sunday February 4th, recognized excellence among the music industry. The show kicked off with a fiery performance from Dua Lipa where she “danced the night away,” performing several of her beloved songs. 

Prior to the show, the red carpet was filled with some eye-catching looks. Taylor Swift rocked a gorgeous white gown and had a necklace commemorating her album midnights. Lana del Rey wore an all black outfit topped with a bow. Even the influencer, Alix Earle, was in attendance wearing a very classy black dress. While there were very beautiful looks there were also some questionable ones, such as Doja Cat, who showed up looking like she just had rolled out of bed and threw an outfit together. She wore a bold red lipstick, sword earrings, 2000s dad themed black glasses, and a bleached buzz cut. 

Host Trevor Noah started the show as usual by making some comedic reliefs to loosen up the crowd and pointed out several stars in attendance including: Olivia Rodrigo, 21 Savage, Billie Eilish, and Luke Combs, just to name a few. 

Several well known artists took the stage to perform their most famous songs throughout the night.

Luke Combs performed a duet of his hit song “Fast Car” with the actual singer-songwriter who created the song over 30 years ago, Tracy Chapman. 

Making a comeback to the music industry was Miley Cyrus. She won her first two Grammys for Best Solo Performance of the Year and Record of the Year for her song “Flowers,” which she later performed that night during the show. She usually doesn’t perform, but justifies this Grammy performance by saying “on February 5th, I wanna be able to be in bed watching videos of myself performing.” 

Sza received the most nominations and went home with 3 Grammys. She also captivated the audience with a performance of her beloved songs “SOS” and “Kill Bill.”

“I’m a huge fan of SZA and her performance at the Grammys was amazing, I’m so happy she played her most popular songs,” freshman Noelle Montelegre said.

Other notable performances were from Olivia Rodrigo, who sang “Vampire,” and from Billie Eilish who sang “What was I made for?,” which later received the Grammy for song of the year coming from the soundtrack of the movie Barbie.

The woman who really stole the show though, as she usually does, was Taylor Swift. She won her 13th and 14th Grammy for Best Pop Vocal Album of the Year and won Album of the Year for her album “Midnights.” She made history by being the only artist to ever win Album of the Year four different times. On top of this already huge accomplishment, Swift broke the internet by announcing that her newest album The Tortured Poets Department would release on April 19th.                                                                                      

“I freaked out when she said she was releasing an album. I couldn’t believe it, I’m so excited for it,” sophomore Brianna Rodriguez said.

The awards show was certainly female-focused this year. The majority of the performances throughout the night were by women. Additionally, not only did women receive the most nominations in the most categories, but they also took home the most awards. 

“I absolutely loved the Grammys this year and loved to see so many of my favorite female artists be represented and win so many awards,” junior Summer Lucas said.