Dance Like Nobody’s Watching

Victoria Rivero, j1staff

As the Freshmen/Sophomore 2023 Winter Formal was right around the corner. The underclassmen were eager to attend this event; whether it was the hair and nail appointments, finding a date, makeup look to do, the dress and shoes, or what pre-party to attend. The students could not wait to Dance Like Nobody’s Watching.

“I liked the theme because it went with the theme for a formal event,” said sophomore Stella Arthur. “Although I didn’t really know what it was, my dress matched the theme regardless.”

While enjoying the theme of the Winter Formal, Arthur also enjoyed the activities. “It was well organized, other than the arrival being confusing, we had more space to dance,” Arthur said. “Overall, I think it was fun, but dead…and sweaty.”

“If I knew the theme beforehand I would not have changed the way I dressed,” freshmen Karina Ortega said. She agrees that the Winter Formal was enjoyable with the dresses and theme.

“The OLLA formal was much better than my eighth grade dance; it was organized and planned out,” Ortega said. Many people liked it, Ortega being one of them, but some may think otherwise.

“Personally, I feel that my eighth grade prom was better, and had better music to dance to,” freshmen Cristina Bordas said. “To improve it we should encourage the students to dance, and have music that the students are into,” Bordas said.

She feels the music did not really fit the crowd and the students needed to be incited to dance. “I loved the theme, and I feel my dress matched perfectly for it.”

“Overall you guys behaved well, but what could’ve been done better was the entrance,” Mrs. Caceres said. She was chaperoning the freshmen and sophomore Winter Formal.

“I wish the students would’ve had a different way to get into the dance because the lobby and elevators would get packed,” Caceres said.

“I think the Winter Formal was really fun overall,” sophomore Carolina Lievano said. “I liked the theme of the formal because it allowed us to wear fancy and formal dresses.”

After going to the parent sponsored Winter Formal last year, she enjoys the school sponsored better. “I believe this year the formal was better organized and the Dj had better music than last years Dj,” Lievano said. “The music really got everyone dancing.”