Virtual Spiritual Development

Victoria Manrique, staff

The school’s Campus Ministry team is hard at work to keep students engaged with their spiritual development. The team is planning alternative retreats and encounter experiences during hybrid schooling.

Student peer ministers have been collaborating over zoom in preparation for upcoming retreats.

“Ms. Diaz, Mrs. Pino, and Ms. Del Toro have organized them very well, so it kind of feels the same even though we’re not at school,” senior peer minister Natalia Llanso said.

Spiritual development is already a challenge in itself, with the addition of the screen, it can sometimes become a significant barrier.

“When leading the freshman retreat in August, I noticed that they associated zoom with school and not as an open
environment for spiritual growth,” Llanso said.

In these trying times, it is difficult to know if in-person retreats will be allowed.

“With the constant change, we’ve been focusing on the retreats coming up which have been, or are going to be virtual, but we have already started planning the first overnight senior encounter for January,” Director of Campus Ministry Mrs. Mary Beth Pino said.

The campus ministry team has been in close contact with the retreat center in planning out for future encounters, and now only need the okay from the ADOM to follow through with the four encounters they plan on having in the second semester.

“It is important to note that although there is a lot of uncertainty, there are still many opportunities outside
of retreats in which we’re available to the girls,” Mrs. Pino said.