The Student News Site of Our Lady of Lourdes Academy

Our Lady of Lourdes Academy | 5525 SW 84th St, Miami, FL 33143

Instagram
View this profile on Instagram

ollanews (@ollanews) • Instagram photos and videos

The Beckhams are Back

Emma Velasco
A peek into the Beckham World with the new Netflix Documentary.

In the world of football, few names carry the same weight as Beckham. David Beckham, the iconic English footballer, has not just been a player; he’s been a global phenomenon. Now, brace yourselves, because the much-anticipated documentary “Beckham” is here, promising an inside look into the life of the man who redefined the game and became a pop culture legend.

We’ve seen him curve those free kicks into the net, witnessed his impeccable style on the red carpet, and marveled at his business ventures. But “Beckham” takes us where no camera has gone before – behind the scenes of a life lived in the spotlight. Imagine getting a backstage pass to the life of the man who brought fashion and football into a harmonious tango, alongside his partner-in-crime, Victoria, also world-wide known as Posh Spice (from the Spice Girls). This documentary is not just a peek into his world; it’s an exhilarating ride through the highs, lows, and everything in between.

“I had never heard about David Beckham’s story when he was younger. The documentary showed me so many things regarding his career, love-life, and the scandals, that I would’ve never known about any other way,” senior Kassandra Necuze said. 

The film delves deep into Beckham’s journey from a young boy kicking a ball against a wall in East London to becoming the heartthrob of the football world. We follow him through his triumphs and tribulations, from his early days at Manchester United to his star-studded stint with Real Madrid and that unforgettable goal from the halfway line. But this documentary is not just about goals and trophies; it’s about the man behind the fame, his struggles, his family, and the unwavering determination that made him a living legend.

Prepare to be enchanted as the documentary takes us on Beckham’s off-the-field adventures. From his glamorous life in Los Angeles to his philanthropic endeavors across the globe, we see a side of Beckham that goes beyond the tabloids. His work with UNICEF, his ventures into fashion, and his role as a doting father – it’s all here, painting a vivid picture of a man who is as inspiring off the field as he is on it.

“All over tiktok, instagram, and twitter, I see pictures of David and Victoria and their outfits. Seemingly after the release of the documentary, they’ve become one of the most trendy couples, and honestly I can get behind it,” senior Anna Suarez said.

As the credits roll and you wipe away tears of laughter and admiration, the series leaves you with a sense of awe. It’s not just a documentary; it’s a celebration of talent, hard work, and the unyielding spirit of a man who continues to inspire generations. And as we catch a glimpse of Beckham’s future plans – from football academies to more philanthropic work – the documentary becomes not just a reflection of the past but a beacon lighting the way forward.

“Overall, I found this documentary to be really insightful on a celebrity that I feel our generation doesn’t know much about. I really enjoy it,” senior Alejandra Gonzalez said. 

In a world often obsessed with the latest trends and fleeting fame, “Beckham” reminds us that true greatness is not just about what happens on the pitch; it’s about the impact a person makes, the lives they touch, and the legacy they leave behind. So, grab your popcorn, put on your soccer jersey, and get ready for a cinematic journey that will leave you chanting, “Bend it like Beckham!”