The Student News Site of Our Lady of Lourdes Academy

Our Lady of Lourdes Academy | 5525 SW 84th St, Miami, FL 33143

Instagram
View this profile on Instagram

ollanews (@ollanews) • Instagram photos and videos

Taylor Swift’s Timeless Tour

Mia Rodriguez

Taylor Swift’s, The Eras Tour Film, graced theater screens throughout the country on October 13, 2023, and it is nothing short of a mesmerizing masterpiece that takes her fans on an unforgettable journey through the various eras of her prestigious career. 

Fans prepared extensively for their movie screening by making friendship bracelets and curating costumes inspired by some of Swift’s famous songs and albums.

“I decided to dress up as Taylor Swift in her ‘You Belong With Me’ music video,” junior Antonella Rojo said. “It was really great to see so many other Swifties dressed up as different eras and niche Taylor Swift references.”

Grammy-nominated and Emmy award-winning director, Sam Wrench, captured the energy and emotion that Swift demonstrates while performing each and every one of her songs.

“Watching The Eras Tour Film made me feel as if I was watching her concert in the first row,” junior Natalie Pando said. “I loved to see all of the little details and be able to sing along to some of my favorite songs.”

Taylor Swift’s discography is ever-changing, and this film brilliantly captures her evolution as an artist, taking the audience on a journey through time. From the country beginnings of her second album, “Fearless,” to the pop perfection of her recently re-recorded, “1989” album, and through her exploration of the indie-folk genre in her albums, “Folklore” and “Evermore,” The Eras Tour Film embraces all of these transformations, one song at a time.

“My favorite Era that was included in the movie is ‘Reputation’ because of the iconic and seamless song transitions,” junior Sophie Rodriguez said. “It’s amazing how easily Taylor Swift can switch between eras that have completely different energies.”

The Eras Tour Film is a must-see for Swifties and music enthusiasts of all ages. Taylor Swift has once again proven that she is more than just an ordinary musician, but a storyteller who weaves the threads of her life into her songs, and The Eras Tour Film brings those stories to life on the big screen.